Tracking the visitors of your Heyflow Flow is a very effective way to optimize your flow and your conversion rates or even remarket certain services to visitors after leaving your website. As the EU and other countries outside of the EU passed strict data protection laws like the GDPR collection of personal data underlies certain restrictions.
While clickflows built with Heyflow are out-of-the-box GDPR compliant, you need cookie consent of your users to collect personal data when integrating analytical tools or want to use remarketing campaigns. To provide you with an easy and cost-free solution, we provide you with a native integration of openli (previously Legal Monster).
This guide will explain how you can integrate openli (previously Legal Monster) and Heyflow with ease.
1. Go to http://openli.com/.
2. Click on “Sign Up” and start your account set-up.
3. Fill out all the necessary information.
4. You should receive an email with an activation link for your openli account. Please click on this link.
5. Fill out the following additional information about your company and your position.
Note: For step 6, it is important that you have already integrated your analysis tools like Facebook Pixel or Google Analytics. To see how you can integrate these, read here.
6. Enter the URL of the clickflow you would like to connect. You can find the URL in the Heyflow builder under “publish”.
Note: If you have other cookies from third-party tools installed, except Facebook and Google, you might need to assign these cookies to a cookie provider manually. See step 10 for this.
7. The question “How does your website use necessary cookies?” can be skipped by clicking on “Next” if none of the options is applicable in your use case.
In the last step, you can preview your cookie consent like it would be displayed on your website. It also shows a snippet of code to implement on your website.
9. As Heyflow offers a native integration, you can skip this screen and click on “Go to dashboard”.
Now you are all set-up to enter your openli dashboard.
10. In case, openli does not recognize all the set-up cookies automatically, you must assign them manually by clicking on “Categorize cookies”.
Note: As mentioned previously you might have installed other tools or cookies than Facebook, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager. In this case, you might have to add them manually to the fitting cookie provider. You can add these by clicking on "cookies" and then you can see the button “Add new cookie provider”.
We recommend assigning every cookie starting with “_ga” to the “Google Analytics” except the cookie provided by Facebook (Cookie domain: www.facebook.com), which you can assign to “Facebook Inc.”.
11. Click on “Select provider” in the right column and choose the respected provider.
Now we go on with the integration part, where we only have to copy a special key from openli to the Heyflow App.
12. The key can be found by clicking on “Widget” on the left and on “Cookie” and scrolling down within the HTML code snippet.
13. Copy the “widgetPublicKey” as seen in the image below.
14. Now switch to the Heyflow app and navigate to the flow that you would like to integrate with openli.
15. Click on “Integrate” and then “Analytics” to find the openli integration.
16. After clicking on the openli integration, you can insert your copied “widgetPublicKey” and click “save”.
17. After saving, you should publish your flow by pressing the “Publish” button on the top right to update all changes.
After publishing your flow, the cookie consent is displayed on the bottom left and can be opened by clicking on it.
Congratulations! You integrated your cookie consent, and your users can now feel super safe! If you have feedback for this guide, please message us: [email protected].